Last week I went ahead and took the risk of ordering Ikea’s diode strip. An expensive risk at £50+ including postage and packing, so you can imagine I was not too impressed to discover that the courier had thrown it through the top of the porch window…
Ok joking aside the lights were fine and soon my room was a dizzy myriad of colours as I flicked through the colour cycles available. The lights are now installed but are a tangle of mess so one thing I have noticed also is that the cable management (or lack of) is all over the place, it’s a complete trip hazard. There are some glaring issues (pun intended) with the lights. The lights do not seem like to illuminate the shelves properly, I have a theory behind it but will need to provide photographs to prove my points, but if my proposed experiment goes well it will be a easy and cheap way of enhancing the light distribution in the Detolf AND add a more professional look (in theory).
So please forgive the lack of photos this time. I expect all materials for my improved Detolf to arrive by the end of the week, if this occurs expect a full run down (with pictures) of the Detolf faults and my methods of rectification.
Thanks for reading